Friday, July 07, 2006

Let's Celebrate!!!



Wow, over a month since I last posted. This poor, neglected blog. I will attempt to post more frequently, the job has just been very consuming lately. Big story changes, fixes etc. I find even when I get home, it's still taking up most of my brain space. Gotta figure out how to access that other 90% of unused space.

Any ways, I noticed I missed a bit of a milestone, this place hit 10000 hits, in fact it seems to have surpassed 11000 now. Who'd a thunk it huh? Well, to the ten people that have each visited this tiny blog 1100 times each, I thank you.

Oh yeah, the painting. I do have a couple more on the board (one I am doing step by step photos for) but they're taking FOREVER to finish. Until then, above this post you'll see the card I painted for my girlfriend's birthday. As you can see, there is a HEAVY Joe Sorren influence, so much so, that I think most of my "style" (other than the hands) was lost. I did this one pretty quick, about three hours. I didn't have much time to spend on it so, it's pretty loose. I'm pretty happy with the outcome, I feel I'm gaining a little more control over the acrylics, and I pick up a new technique or two with each painting I attempt. Technique, or maybe more of an approach... oh, I don't know.

Okay, back to work. Hope everyone is good and that they're looking forward to the weekend.

10 comments:

Ted M said...

Good to see you posting again, John!

MIKE THOMAS said...

I just had another birthday a few days ago too. Odd fellow, nice painting John!

Unknown said...

Wooooo ... that's a cool character painting!! Love the DARK style!

Martin Wittig said...

Welcome back!! It's great to see your work again...And what a great piece it is!! I love the colors!!:)

Gerald de Dios said...

Awesome illo John. Can't wait to see what you have in store next time!

So you're heading to SDCC next week? Hope you found a hotel already. I know how much of a nightmare that can be. I'm hoping to attend next year. Take care.

Deb said...

you were always so good!

the doodlers said...

Painterly goodness!

Congrats on the milestone thingy.

PEPE said...

totally saw the serron influence right away!! still pretty damm cool!!

Mick said...

yes, also
where are the feckin updates maaaan
righto- faroukba

monkeyfeather said...

Whoa, posted this one a while ago and nothing since! Eek. Thanks for the nice posts everyone. Some blasts from the past even.

DEB Copeland!!!!????? Wow, how are you? Nice to hear from you.

Mick!!!! I've missed your work on th drawingboard my friend. Everyone should check out the GREAT drawings on his blog.

Thanks for coming back to the blog everyone, more pics soon.