Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sketchcrawl 12.5




Last weekend was Sketchcrawl 12and a 1/2 sketch at home.

Our apartment isn't much fun to draw... but I probably wasn't looking very hard. Our dog Mongoose is fun to draw though, so here he is. I need to draw him more, I haven't accurately captured his cuteness.

I'm in a rut right now... these things happen from time to time. Usually it's a good sign because it means that I have a bunch of ideas in my thick Cro-magnon skull of where my drawing should be, and it's not there. Thus, the struggle begins. I think we all go through it. It's good because it usually leads to a "breakthrough" in drawing, draftsmanship, technique, whatever, but until you get to that point, it's painful. These two Mongoose drawings I did are okay, but everything else I've done this week is garbage. Hopefully I'll just keep slugging away and get back on track. Good times.

3 comments:

craig said...

GOOOOOSE!!!!! Ah the little scrupper looks mighty cute if you ask me. Well done sir....GOOSE!

Jon McNally said...

Man, I completely forgot S'Crawl 12.5! Darn. Nice doggie doodles, dewd. I appreciate your positive perception of our old friend Artist's Block. Can't have a breakthrough without something through which to break, yes?

monkeyfeather said...

Thanks Craig.

So true Jonathan. Good old artist block *sigh* we meet again.