Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sketchcrawl 12.5

Last weekend was Sketchcrawl 12and a 1/2 sketch at home.

Our apartment isn't much fun to draw... but I probably wasn't looking very hard. Our dog Mongoose is fun to draw though, so here he is. I need to draw him more, I haven't accurately captured his cuteness.

I'm in a rut right now... these things happen from time to time. Usually it's a good sign because it means that I have a bunch of ideas in my thick Cro-magnon skull of where my drawing should be, and it's not there. Thus, the struggle begins. I think we all go through it. It's good because it usually leads to a "breakthrough" in drawing, draftsmanship, technique, whatever, but until you get to that point, it's painful. These two Mongoose drawings I did are okay, but everything else I've done this week is garbage. Hopefully I'll just keep slugging away and get back on track. Good times.


craig said...

GOOOOOSE!!!!! Ah the little scrupper looks mighty cute if you ask me. Well done sir....GOOSE!

Uloo said...

Man, I completely forgot S'Crawl 12.5! Darn. Nice doggie doodles, dewd. I appreciate your positive perception of our old friend Artist's Block. Can't have a breakthrough without something through which to break, yes?

Monkeyfeather said...

Thanks Craig.

So true Jonathan. Good old artist block *sigh* we meet again.