Thursday, March 05, 2009

Bees


EEK! Over a month since I've posted anything!?

How did THAT happen?

It was a busy month indeed. I even got to be a Guest Artistic Advisor for a program up at the Banff Centre. If you ever have the opportunity to go there, I would. GORGEOUS. Plus, only an hour and a half from where I grew up, so I got to catch up with some friends and family for a couple days.

Any ways, here's a selection of rejected bee designs. They all seem rather happy about the rejection don't you think?

I'll post in less than a month this time... as soon as I finish updating my portfolio...

10 comments:

Kristen McCabe said...

Nice shape on the top right corner bee.

Jason Blower said...

I agree, I really like the simple volumes you created for each of these. They feel plump and fuzzy.

What program at the Banff Centre did you participate in?

rory said...

Fun designs! Sad to hear they were rejected....poor bees...

monkeyfeather said...

Thanks Kristen, Jason, and Rory.

Jason - I was at something called DC2EN which is, Digital Content Creation Entrepreneurial Network. I'm also going to be a speaker at the Storytelling Workshop there taking place in April.

Jason Blower said...

Hey that is great. I have attended three of the workshops and it is a great cross pollination of ideas. Funny I can not find any info on the web or the centers website. Perhaps if you have an hour or so free in Calgary I would would like to pick your brain over a beer.

WJC said...

Great Bees!

Erin Hunting said...

I like the big, seemingly unimpressed bee at the bottom.

MIKE THOMAS said...

Same here, the fat one at the bottom is a winner.

Ame said...

ja! lovely designs!
good work!

ken said...

sweet beeees