Monday, February 12, 2007

They Come In Thr33's



So I kind of lack creative discipline. The plan was to work on an idea I have for a short comic story this weekend. Well, instead, I had this image pop into my head and I had to paint it. Sometimes I totally lack focus. I guess I should just be happy that I did SOMETHING.

I have no idea why this painting is called THEY COME IN THREE'S, but that's what it's called. I guess there are three floating rocks, but the "three's" isn't in reference to the rocks in the painting. What's the deal with me and floating rocks by the way? This isn't the first image to have a floating rock in it, and I seem to draw them fairly often. What does it all mean? I have no idea... guess I just think they're cool.

This painting pulled together pretty quickly, I did a little thumbnail here...



Then, I did the final sketch, here...

5 comments:

craig said...

d093! diggin this post

Cail said...

Very nice work! This painting evokes a more creepy feel than most of your other work. I dig. Have you heard of Douglas TenNapel? Your style reminds me of his work.

Rick Cortes said...

Love it.

MIKE THOMAS said...

Odd fellow but i like it.

monkeyfeather said...

Thanks Craig and your crazy leet speak.

Thanks Cail, I have heard of Doug TenNapel. Loved the Earthwork Jim game when I was younger.

Thanks Rick and MT.